Papa Tango Aviation

Joan Mark Lillo from Barcelona Spain was visiting Papa Tango Aviation recently and enjoyed a scenic Intro Flight around the North Carolina Piedmont. My son Scott Halver did a great job editing the footage for this video. Enjoy!

Todd Halver's other Videos

Comments

• Leo Iezzi
    by Leo Iezzi 2 months ago
    Awesome Todd! Looked like a great day for flying!
  • Tom Currier
    by Tom Currier 2 months ago
    Nice!
  • Jozinko Sajan
    by Jozinko Sajan 2 months ago
    Great video Todd! Beautiful editing.
  • jeff trike
    by jeff trike 2 months ago
    That is the most beautiful grass airstrip I have ever seen. Great video.
  • Howard Benson
    by Howard Benson 2 months ago
    Great video - wish I knew what vid. edit software U used. Garmin cameras? Settings,ect. I really need a rough heading on how to start making watchable vids out of all the files I,ve got. Just a quick descrpition of technique used. Howard
  • Lindsay Mannix
    by Lindsay Mannix 2 months ago
    Almost always music in flying videos is inappropriate ,not this one well done and i suggest as an editor Sony Vegas or the adobe premier version if you want to get more deep into it but Vegas ,I found easier to work with . there are so many editors
    Todd will fill you in here.....
  • Todd Halver
    by Todd Halver 2 months ago
    As I mentioned my son Scott Halver took my raw footage and produced this video. Scott is Senior Video Producer at Morningstar (financial services company) in Chicago so he makes this look easy. Here was his approach...

"I decided on a song - "Paradise" by Coldplay. I listened to the parts that worked for the video and identified about 30 seconds that seemed superfluous to the video I was trying to edit. I carefully trimmed that section out, ensuring no beats were missed and trying to make the edit disappear.

I then imported the 3 cameras into Adobe Premiere Pro and made them into a multi-clip sequence.

I ensured that they were synced up and once this was complete I would be able to easily cut between the three camera angles without losing sync.

Before choosing the camera angles, I trimmed out the "content" (parts of the flight) that seemed less interesting.

Once I had the song set and more or less the content that I wanted to show, I started to assemble the edit (put things in order). Once I had the edit assembled, I then went through and switched between the camera angles."

For me - I am doing basic editing on iMove and am having some success getting familiar with how to edit. Henry Trikelife should share his process here as he is also a PRO when it comes to video editing.
  • Brian Fox
    by Brian Fox 22 days ago
    What an great video Todd, I am looking forward to finishing up my training with you, your skills as an instructor are brilliant, you teach according to that person and know what they are ready for, I recommend Papa Tango to anyone looking to fly these amazing aircraft, see ya soon Todd!