Coastal Cruising in Savannah at Sunset

Dave Myers took a break in the amphib action to PIC the Tanarg with me while in Savannah on my XC. Mark Crabb joined us in his Monsoon and landed before us at Hodges Airpark. Many thanks, Mark, for the hanger space during my visit!

Doug Boyle's other Videos

Comments

by Rizwan Bukhari 5 years ago
    Very nice Doug :) During my honeymoon, I went with my wife to Wassaw Island off the coast of Savannah and we worked for conservation of endangered sea turtles...that was some experience, your video took me down the memory lane, thanks.
  • Doug Boyle
    by Doug Boyle 5 years ago
    Riz, I've landed on most of those barrier beaches from Tybee to Cumberland, back when it was legal to do so (25+ years ago). With the amphib we can still taxi up on the beach but last time I did so on Warsaw Island (which is Protected now) a wild hog was giving me the eye. I slowly backed up and returned to sea! The whole area is magical to me.
    by Rizwan Bukhari 5 years ago
    It was protected when we went there, we were in a team of few people (working with the turtles) that were allowed. That is what made it special...It was like owning your own Island. We would walk around the Island during the day and at night work with turtle hatchlings, count how many, measure them and write the info down and then let them crawl towards the ocean. We would just stay close to them so they don't get eaten by a Raccoon or something. Oh the memories.
  • Doug Boyle
    by Doug Boyle 5 years ago
    What year were you and your wife there, Riz?
    by Rizwan Bukhari 5 years ago
    It was the end of 2003, let me see here...we were on the road for two months...so either Late Aug or maybe Sept 2003...We worked with The Caretta Research Project and stayed at the only home built on that Island back in 1866.
  • Kael Rowan
    by Kael Rowan 5 years ago
    Doug knows how I feel about that scenery ;)
  • Gary Berdeaux
    by Gary Berdeaux 5 years ago
    Thanks for sharing the flight Doug! Awesome! I lovey flying vicariously.
  • Doug Boyle
    by Doug Boyle 5 years ago
    It has an allure to me -- I keep going back to the area where I once lived on the beach.
  • Tony Ford
    by Tony Ford 5 years ago
    Great video Doug! It's looks alot like Edisto Island, where i've spent the last 20 years for Thanksgiving. I hope you had a great one too.
  • Glade Montgomery
    by Glade Montgomery 5 years ago
    Very nice video, Doug.
  • Tony  Castillo
    by Tony Castillo 5 years ago
    Got to go visit one day!!! you guys are having too much fun and not sharing!! ... well for sure sharing the videos!!! great video. Thanks