Recommendations for sharing trikes

Sun, Jul 29 2018 06:54pm CDT 1
Alexandre Pauwels
Alexandre Pauwels
2 Posts
Hey all! New member here.

I'm planning on sharing an Airborne Redback with a fellow trike pilot who already has his license. We're both fairly busy/have full time jobs, and can easily split time across the one trike, so figured this would be the best way to share the costs, keep the trike busy, and have someone else to talk to when it comes to solving issues/adding things to the trike.

Has anyone else in the forum ever shared a trike with someone? We're planning on making an LLC to put the trike under and to assign insurance/legal "stuff" to, but realistically, I have no experience doing something like this and we're mostly winging it. If anyone has experience entering a similar arrangement, with or without paperwork, I'd love to hear how you organized, and what worked/didn't work.

Additionally, any recommendations that come out of this could be really helpful for setting up similar arrangements for people just entering the sport. I love talking about trikes and trying to convince people to come out and get an intro flight with my instructor, but one of the biggest hurdles is price-point and support system. If I could provide them a proof of how the load can be shared and you can join a group of people with a similar interest, I think it would be a good push in the right direction.

Thanks!
Alex
Tue, Jul 31 2018 08:52am CDT 2
Doug Boyle
Doug Boyle
170 Posts
Great post Alex! Have a pow-wow between all involved and begin writing down all the "what-ifs" you can conceive, and agree to a remedy. Draft a proposal from the pow-wow and mull over it for a couple of days. Then make it formal and sign it! If any concerns come up refer back to the agreement and follow your own directions. The goal is to always preserve the partnership during the hard times!
Wed, Aug 1 2018 12:10pm CDT 3
Doug Boyle
Doug Boyle
170 Posts
Congrats to Alex Pauwels for receiving clearance for his Flight Training to begin from the TSA. He promptly made application for his Student Pilot Certificate and is negotiating with Victor Maynard on partnering in his Airborne Redback at KHRJ airport. He'll begin his training with Piedmont Aerosports in Advance, NC (Winston-Salem) on the Air Creation Tanarg 912 and finish up soloing in the Redback 503 at KHRJ in Erwin, NC (about 2 hours apart). Alex lives and works in Raleigh as a Robotic Engineer as is from Paris, France. At 23-years old, he is our youngest student to go through Sport Pilot training. He doesn't let any grass grow under his feet in accomplishing his goals! FLAP ON, my friend....
Thu, Aug 2 2018 06:53am CDT 4
Alexandre Pauwels
Alexandre Pauwels
2 Posts
Thank you Doug! Eager to get started :)

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.