Anyone around Alabama flying a tanarg

Thu, Jun 8 2017 04:33pm CDT 1
rick snow
rick snow
16 Posts
Wondering if anyone on the forums flys a tanarg and is located around middle Alabama, or if anyone knows of dealers around the middle Alabama area?
Sat, Jun 10 2017 08:36am CDT 2
Doug Boyle
Doug Boyle
168 Posts
Hi Rick, At Piedmont Aerosports we train in the Tanarg, and can deliver a new model as well. There was a Tanarg in Tuscalosa but it was sold, I believe. Tony Castillo and Gary Berdeaux are located in Gulf Shores, and offer training/sales in the P&M model Trikes. Dane Hauser, Larry Mednick, and Abid Faroouqi offer training/sales in Revos and Delta Jet trikes, in the surrounding greater Tampa area. The North Atlanta area has an Instructor (Trevor) out of Jackson County airport, too. Let's get you into the air. How can any of us help?
Sat, Jun 10 2017 10:54am CDT 3
rick snow
rick snow
16 Posts
Hi Doug thanks for the info, I've actually flown a couple times now with Trevor at Jackson Country Airport, he's been a great instructor but the drive time for an hour or two of training on a weekend is a bit much and he's doing part-time training. Taking a couple days off work next week, weather pending going to train those days with a Mike T in TN as he does training full time so I'm hopefull to build up some more hours with Mike.

To date I've only flown a redback trike with wizard wing but I loved it and am interested in how other trikes fly and handle compared to it. My training and travel unfortuantly are limited right now to this area so I was hopeful to find others in the area to branch out to and learn more from them. Seems I'm in an area though were trike flying is not too popular but the good news is it's all around me by a few hours.
Sun, Jun 11 2017 06:56am CDT 4
Chuck Tabbert
Chuck Tabbert
7 Posts
Rick,
I have a list of about 45 folks that either fly or flew trikes in AL. Have similar info on other states with a listing of most of the CFI's
If you're interested in this info, send me an email to chuck_tabbert@yahoo.com
Mon, Jun 12 2017 09:14pm CDT 5
Bill Julian
Bill Julian
1 Posts
You will enjoy Mike Theeke in Jasper, TN. He is a very good instructor. I fly one of his Sky Cycles out of Talladega, AL

Fri, Jun 16 2017 05:22pm CDT 6
rick snow
rick snow
16 Posts
Hi Bill and everyone, quick update the weather did not cooperate on I was only able to get 4.5 hours of flying in over the last couple days, best 4.5 hours I had in a long time though! Horrible weather we've had recently in mid south USA this year for flying so far. Bill, Mike did a great job at teaching, I felt like his primary concern was making sure you were going to be safe after the training was over, which for me is important in a teacher. I had a good time with Mike and can recommend both Mike and Trevor in GA as instructors and in fact will be going back to see both of them in the near future I'm sure. I got to see many of the sky cycles he had there and they were beautiful machines, I'm looking for a dual seat lsa though with a 912, otherwise I may just bite at one.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.