Air Park living on the cheap

Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:25am CST 1
Bob Lemke
Bob Lemke
6 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and still on the fence as to what I want to put in my new hangar. Before my membership was approved to post on this forum I had a lot of time to read other posts. I'm also on the Back Country Pilot's forum and there appears to be certain similarities between the members there and here. Common thread was a love of flying and a lot of pilots doing that flying on a tight budget. Has anyone here considered living in an air park so your trike is in your hangar at your home? Last April 2016 I moved to 1st Aero Squadron Air Park just 3 miles north of Columbus, New Mexico (6 miles north of the Mexico border) and discovered that here in the SW trikes are popular. I had planned on some STOL GA for my plane but now am considering a trike.

For anyone priced out of the typical airpark ($500K and up) but would be interested in airpark living in New Mexico, it just doesn't get any cheaper than the 3 airparks that share the same section of land. Homes with hangars range from $50K to <$200K on either 2.5 or 5 acre lots with 3 runways all over 5000'. If interested here is a link to my post on BCP

https://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/air-park-living-on-the-cheap-18739
Tue, Feb 14 2017 01:03am CST 2
Bob Lemke
Bob Lemke
6 Posts
 photo DSC00591_zpsotiuz2y2.jpg
Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:29pm CST 3
Alexandre Leblanc
Alexandre Leblanc
6 Posts
I wish i had that in canada, i found a small private airpark near edmonton but its for the 12 property living in front of the runway they share and the property goes between 600-900k :(
Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:35pm CST 4
Alexandre Leblanc
Alexandre Leblanc
6 Posts
See the Satelite image below

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.