Help... BRS install in a Air Creation Clipper

Mon, Oct 24 2016 04:13pm CDT 1
Kenneth Schwartz
Kenneth Schwartz
3 Posts
I have a 2005 Air Creation Clipper I purchased and it came with a soft pack BRS that is not installed. The label on the BRS says Air Creation. It appears it may have been installed at one point but is no longer. I got it re-packed and new rocket sent but looking for info on how it is installed. Does anyone have any pictures or knowledge on how to install this in this model? I have an idea but want to confirm. I am assuming the rocket just shoots through the door? Thanks! Ken
Mon, Oct 24 2016 08:45pm CDT 2
John Olson
John Olson
407 Posts
Show us a pic of your recovery system and that side of your trike.
Mon, Oct 24 2016 08:48pm CDT 3
John Olson
John Olson
407 Posts
I would also suggest that John Dunham of Second Chantz down at the Carson City muni has a lot of experience with this sort of thing. You could do worse than drag it down there and pay for his expertise.
Mon, Oct 24 2016 09:05pm CDT 4
Kenneth Schwartz
Kenneth Schwartz
3 Posts

I have been trying to get a hold of John but it appears that maybe he is no longer in business... I will post a couple pictures..

Wed, Oct 26 2016 01:37pm CDT 5
Kenneth Schwartz
Kenneth Schwartz
3 Posts

I heard back from BRS and they sent me the install documents for the trike... Thanks for your help!

Wed, Dec 7 2016 10:08pm CST 6
Luis Felipe Amunategui
Luis Felipe Amunategui
6 Posts
So I had to contend with this issue when I purchased my Clipper.
Disarm the rocket according to instructions found in BRS site. Guide the trigger line through the desired path and anchor losely with nylon ties. You will go back and tidy all the lose parts at the end.

The anchor mounts are inside the cargo compartment (bolts) with the metal plate of the parachute pack facing toward the back of the aircraft, and the exit side of the pack facing the door of the cargo compartment. The rocket is mounted on a metal plate.

The plate has several holes drilled in a 360 degree pattern. Select the angle most likely to provide a clear path for the rocket to exit and clear the aircraft and anchor the rocket at that angle. I had to use a block of closed cell foam under the pack to align it with the exit opening. Additionaly, you may find 4 anchor bolts protruding into the cargo compartment that press against the parachute pack. I covered them with a thick layer of foam to keep them from putting pressure against the parachute pack. There are several velcro straps that anchor the pack to the cargo bay frame. Thread them through the anchor points but leave them lose. Complete the intallation of the trigger mechanism according to BRS. When you have everything lining up the way you like, tighten the rocket nut anchors and the velcro straps making sure they keep the pack snug against the metal plate and the anchors.
Lifting the oil reservoir slightly and propping it with a rod will give you more clearnece in the cargo bay to complete the operation. Do the job on a cold engine.

Felipe

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.