Trying to make a dicision

Thu, Jul 28 2016 06:41am CDT 1
Ken Ragan
Ken Ragan
2 Posts

I am trying to make a dicision between a trike and a ppc. i have flown in a ppc but not yet a trike. Both offer easy transport and both offer slow flight. The ppc can only fly on calm mornings and evenings. What about the trike? and also is there anyone in Georgia that would possibly take me up so i could see how one flys? ( i live in middle ga. lizella so anywhere in ga is close)

thanks for the input, Ken

Sun, Jul 31 2016 09:45pm CDT 2
Bill Chance
Bill Chance
19 Posts
PPC can be carried in a car trunk. Trike needs a trailer if you can't keep it in a hanger. Assembly time getting the trike ready to fly will be longer if you don't have a hanger. You can soar them both if you have the right trike. Trikes are much faster and can fly in more conditions. Trike needs some kind of runway. PPC can launch from any open field.
Sun, Jul 31 2016 10:07pm CDT 3
Bill Chance
Bill Chance
19 Posts
The above info on the chute is for a backpack powered paraglider. If your talking about the big powered chutes you will need a trailer for the buggy and can't launch from just anywhere like the backpack chutes.
Tue, Aug 2 2016 09:02am CDT 4
Ken Ragan
Ken Ragan
2 Posts
Thank you for the info, Bill. I am looking at the "Eagle" trike ( http://www.airtrikes.net/eagle.shtml ) as it is a plans built trike as one of my options. It looks simple to build and can be used as a 2 place or for soaring if only pilot. I am still looking to get a ride in a trike from someone local befor i decide.
Tue, Aug 2 2016 07:13pm CDT 5
Robert Sumner
Robert Sumner
64 Posts
Ken, I built and am flying an eagle. I can offer a few suggestions before you get started.. The build was fun to do, but with prices so low on used trikes you may want to consider just buying one... Take the guess work out of it..

Sun, Nov 13 2016 07:50am CST 6
Scott Caddell
Scott Caddell
1 Posts
Ken, Depending on your price point..You can pick up a trike for under 10K ready to fly!
Mon, Nov 14 2016 10:45am CST 7
Paul Hamilton
Paul Hamilton
237 Posts
Ken,
I have most CFI's and trike pilots who want to be located at
so this is an option to get a trike ride. Many go from PPC to trikes because you can fly more and be less effected by wind.
Tue, Nov 15 2016 09:04am CST 8
Trevor  Sayer
Trevor Sayer
4 Posts
Ken, if you would like a trike intro flight I'm locatated in NE Atlanta www.atlantasportflying.com. I've a P&M Quik GTR and an Airborne Redback with Wizard wing - so have fast and slow trikes.
Thu, Nov 17 2016 03:08pm CST 9
Tony  Castillo
Tony Castillo
48 Posts
Trevor, Ken may be interested also in the Aeros ANT single seat as it would be a nice transiton from a PPC into trikes!
Fri, Nov 18 2016 06:25pm CST 10
Trevor  Sayer
Trevor Sayer
4 Posts
Hi Ken,
The Aeros ANT trike may be a good option for you the trikes packs into two bags one for engine and one for the frame which can go in virtually any car no need for a trailer - I've some pictures on my web site www.atlantasportflying.com. Flew trike midday on Atlanta Summer days - handles bumps well - there are wing options for thermalling or more cross country flight - Trevor.
trike in 2 bags.JPGaeros fox tl 13 wing.JPG

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.