Strange Object in Sky

Wed, Aug 19 2015 01:16pm CDT 1
Dave Crawford
Dave Crawford
11 Posts
Since there are so many pilots here with decades of flight experience and from all over the world, I am curious to hear any accounts of strange and unexplained objects/crafts in the sky any of you have seen while flying.
Thu, Aug 20 2015 08:59am CDT 2
Dave Crawford
Dave Crawford
11 Posts
Well what made me bring up the subject...my flight instructor originally from Canada and who has been flying for near 40 years, told me he has seen several strange and just plain unexplainable objects in the sky over the years. But the most striking accounts happened actually twice...flying a 172 skyhawk over the Canadian mountains one afternoon just below the clouds, he saw a large dark rectangular object a few miles away just hovering over some mountain tops...he watched it is disbelief and then it rotated and just flew off at an incredible speed. A year or 2 later he saw a similar rectangular object again flying over the mountains. Also, one of his pilot buddies saw the same damn thing while flying over a nearby forest...
Fri, Aug 21 2015 08:53am CDT 3
Dave Crawford
Dave Crawford
11 Posts
come on guys, somebody here has to have seen something strangeunexplainable while flying...I want to hear some stories!
Fri, Aug 21 2015 05:57pm CDT 4
John Olson
John Olson
407 Posts
I once snagged a piece of trash right out of the sky. I saw it floating there and I aimed at it and zeroed in and reached right out with my right hand and grabbed it while I flew with my left. Does that help?
It was a MacDonalds cheeseburger wrapper at about 5k'.
Sat, Aug 22 2015 12:37pm CDT 5
Dave Crawford
Dave Crawford
11 Posts
Whoaaaa creepy!
Sun, Sep 6 2015 05:25pm CDT 6
Richard Pierce
Richard Pierce
1 Posts
A few weeks ago I was flying over Wolfeboro Bay in NH at about 1000 msl - cyrstal clear blue skies - I was heading SE beginning a turn N when something caught my eye - I couldn't make it out but it caught the sun just right and reflected in my eyes, it was a metallic kind of flash - it was between a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away at between 2000 and 2500 msl- I know everything that flies around here and I didn't recogize it - I sufficiently captured my attention that I wanted to study it more closely - I was in the middle of a turn so I stabilized the trike and looked back to see it again - this time it was a just a dot in the sky miles away - Which also surprized me that it could have moved that quickly, it was only a few seconds - When I looked again it was gone.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.