Mark Gibson - GibboGear / Manta Aircraft - sad news

Wed, Jul 1 2015 01:05pm CDT 1
steve stitz
steve stitz
1 Posts

Mark Gibson of Gibbogear & Manta Aircraft was involved in a fatal crash, June 27, 2015 near his home field.

http://abc13.com/news/pilot-dies-in-ultralight-crash-in-field-northwest-of-houston/809739/

Wed, Jul 1 2015 11:01pm CDT 2
Abid Farooqui
Abid Farooqui
353 Posts
Indeed very sad news. RIP.
Sat, Jul 11 2015 10:09am CDT 3
Gregg Ludwig
Gregg Ludwig
50 Posts
I confirmed with the NTSB that this was incorrectly reported as a powered HG crash and now is being reported and processed as an aircraft crash. A full report "should" be in the works.
Sun, Jul 12 2015 04:23pm CDT 4
scott smith
scott smith
9 Posts
NTSB will probably not investigate. It is my understanding that Mark was flying a 103 legal BB trike. However they might make an exception here because Mark manufactured and sold certified wings.
Tue, Sep 8 2015 04:40pm CDT 5
Imre Kabai
Imre Kabai
7 Posts
Hi All, I had a wing on order from Mark Gibson since Spring that I fully payed for ($5200). Since Mark’s tragic passing I have not heard from the holders of his estate and all my attempts to contact them have failed. I wonder if any of you is in the same situation… Before moving forward with lawyers/county sheriff etc. I would like to find a way to work this out in a most considerate way without causing more pain to those who were impacted by this tragedy. Please contact me if you have a suggestion or know how to get in touch with the holders of Mark’s estate. Thank you, Imre 408-364-5851 imre@kabai.com

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.